[fr] Un des derniers problèmes qui me résistent sur le nouveau serveur.
Here’s roughly what I wrote in a support ticket I sent Dreamhost this morning. If you have any suggestions, I’ll take them.
> I have a site http://cafecafe.ch on which I have installed wordpress
(http://cafecafe.ch/wp/ -> displays as http://cafecafe.ch/blog with
Filosofo Homepage-Control plugin).
> That server has a subdirectory http://cafecafe.ch/membres/ which is
password-protected using .htaccess. Inside is another wordpress
> I had this set up on my previous host and it worked fine.
> Now, if I go to http://cafecafe.ch/membres/ the request is caught be
the blog installed in http://cafecafe.ch/wp/, and I’m shown the page
> To make sure it wasn’t a conflict between the two wordpress installs,
I created an empty directory http://cafecafe.ch/test/ which I tried to
password-protect in the same way. The problem is the same (going to
http://cafecafe.ch/test/ displays http://cafecafe.ch/blog). If I
comment out the “request valid-user” line of the .htaccess, I get to
see the directory listing.
> Similarly, if I come back to http://cafecafe.ch/membres and comment
out that line in .htaccess, both wordpress installs work fine, with
permalinks and all (only the private blog isn’t protected anymore,
which won’t do it).
> I’ve tried not doing the password protection manually, and using what
is provided in the panel for that, but the problem remains exactly the
> Weird, isn’t it?
> Hope you can help me out on this. Tried checking error logs but they
- Getting Rid of www [en] (2006)
- Hairy .htaccess Dreamhost WordPress Problem Solved! [en] (2006)
- Requirements for a WordPress Installer Script [en] (2004)
- Musings on a Multiblog WordPress [en] (2004)
- WordPress DreamHost WiFi Arghl! [en] (2006)
- Converting MySQL Database Contents to UTF-8 [en] (2004)
- Scripts for a WordPress Weblog Farm [en] (2004)
- Browser Language Detection and Redirection [en] (2007)
- Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in wp-capabilities.php: Case Cracked! [en] (2007)
- Trying the Disqus WordPress Plugin [en] (2008)