[fr] Histoires d'horrreur en entrant aux USA. J'ai de moins en moins envie d'y remettre les pieds, j'avoue.
I’ve been listening to On The Media again, one of my favorite podcasts. You know, each time one of these US border crossing horror stories finds its way to me, what little desire I have to enter the US just melts away a bit more.
Here are a few I came across lately, and an old one that happened to a friend of mine.
- My detainment story: or how I learned to stop feeling safe in my own country and hate border agents, by OTM producer Sarah Abdurrahman, who was detained along with other family members — all American citizens — upon returning from a wedding in Toronto.
- Detained in the US for “visiting Thailand too much”, what happened to a friend of blogger Richard Barrow
- The dark side of the US customs, by Runaway Juno
- Don’t fly during Ramadan, by Aditya Mukerjee (I hope you’ll appreciate the Hindu/Muslim confusion as much as I did)
- My US border nightmare, by admittedly ill-prepared Zak Homuth
- And finally, “You’re not a Canadian anymore” (scroll down a few articles to find it), by my old IRC buddy Catspaw.
Now off to less depressing things for what’s left of my week-end — like eating my delicious plum tart.
- The Neighbour's Cat Won [en] (2008)
- Frozen Ramble [en] (2003)
- Back From India [en] (2012)
- Break Impressions [en] (2006)
- A day in my life [en] (2001)
- Twitter: We Love Our Partial Conversations [en] (2007)
- XHTML [en] (2001)
- Pitching: Don’t Assume I’ll Be Interested, and Some Advice [en] (2016)
- Delicious! A Great Bookmarks Manager [en] (2004)
- Lift12, Development, Redevelopment: Kevin Anderson, Social Media in Crisis [en] (2012)