[fr] C'est fait! Transformé toutes mes vieilles et bien trop nombreuses catégories en tags, et créé de nouvelles catégories toutes propres. C'est encore le chenit mais ça va s'arranger.
There we go! After beating around the bush for literally years, I have decided to scrap my existing category system (80 or so to begin with, 300 or more after WordPress accidentally converted some of my tags to categories somewhere along the line).
All categories have been converted to tags — so the classification is still there. I have created new categories (feedback welcome, let me know if you think something is missing or out-of-place — they’re in the sidebar) and will be moving things into them as I can (ahem).
At the moment, lots of posts are in the “misfits” category. I know there are links to old category pages lying around, so I’ll have to set up redirections to them. But at least when I write a new post, I have clean categories to choose from.
For those, who, inevitably, will ask: tags and categories are not the same.
- WordPress.com Still Messes Up Tags and Categories [en] (2010)
- Plugin Idea: Weighted Tags by Category [en] (2005)
- Tags and Categories, Oh My! [en] (2007)
- Batch Categories 0.9 [en] (2004)
- Angst: My Categories are Still a Mess [en] (2008)
- My Categories are a Mess [en] (2006)
- Tags and Categories are not the Same! [en] (2006)
- The Four Lost Months Are Back! [en] (2009)
- Four Lazy WordPress Plugin Desires [en] (2010)
- Technorati Tagified [en] (2005)
One thought on “The Big 2009 Category Revolution [en]”