[fr] Mon weblog a quatre ans aujourd'hui. Voici une brève retrospective. Mon interview Blogpipole vous racontera en français comment j'ai commencé à bloguer.
Four years already that this weblog exists! Over a thousand posts, an insane number of categories, and somewhere between 200 and 550 visitors a day — depending on my posting frequency, the weather, and if Joi mentions one of my posts or not ;-). I have never been a frighteningly prolific blogger, but well, there must be something to be said for keeping it up all these years!
Four years ago, I was at my brother’s, I had been back in Switzerland less than a month after spending a year in India, and I stumbled upon Blogger after seeing it mentioned a few times on the sites of the kind folk who haunted the much-regretted Astounding Web forums.
I couldn’t really figure out what this Blogger thing did, so I created an account, and I saw the light.
I’ve gone from fiercly anonymous to having my name “all over the web”, I now have my own server, I’ve learnt CSS, PHP and MySQL in the process, launched three other websites, and travelled around Europe quite a bit, meeting fellow bloggers.
- Eighth Blogversary [en] (2008)
- Scale in Community and Social Media: Bigger is not Always Better [en] (2010)
- Blogmeet in Basel [en] (2005)
- In Lisbon, at SHiFT'08 [en] (2008)
- Quick LeWeb'10 News, and IceRocket [en] (2010)
- 22 Years Ago [en] (2022)
- Get Your Lift10 Ticket Half-Price Before Christmas [en] (2009)
- What do bloggers do at conferences? [en] (2010)
- Flock Sync Issue Solved! [en] (2006)
- Weblog Open [en] (2000)
4 thoughts on “13.07.2000 – 13.07.2004 [en]”
Happy blogday. Have a good birthdayparty.
Happy BBirthday ! Yes this is a double B. 😉 Hope you won’t stop, because I discovered your blog just a few month ago and have been reading it daily ever since.
Happy Belated Blogday!