[fr] J'essaie de mieux comprendre le profil des blogueurs et podcasteurs qui couvrent des conférences, en particulier le lien entre blog/podcast et revenu et le fonctionnement des blogs collectifs. Merci de bien vouloir prendre 5-10 minutes pour répondre à mon questionnaire. Attention, ceci est un sujet de recherche perso et non une demande d'accréditation pour LeWeb! Je vous parle du Web demain au plus tard.
In the last three years I’ve been working on blogger accreditations for LeWeb (and Web2.0 Expo Berlin before that) I have had ample time to think about how we define a “blogger” (or “podcaster”) in this context.
It used to be simple: a blogger was somebody who had a blog, and a podcaster somebody who had a podcast.
But nowadays, everybody who publishes stuff online is a blogger or a podcaster.
When an event accredits members of the press to attend, it’s pretty easy to figure out who to accredit and who not to: the press is institutionalized, its members are registered and work for this or that publication (freelancers or employees).
With bloggers, it’s much more fuzzy. Where is the line between “blogger” and “press”? (I thought I’d written about that already but I can’t dig out a blog post.) What are our criteria for deciding that somebody is eligible to come and cover the conference as an official blogger?
This is new territory, and as always with new territory, I’m constantly refining my thinking about these issues. One thing I’m trying to do in the process is better understand the link between blogging and work/income — and also, how collective publications function. To do this I’ve drawn up a little survey to try to understand the profiles of bloggers and podcasters who attend conferences and blog about them.
If you recognize yourself in this description (do you have a blog/podcast? have you attended a conference and blogged about it? you’re in) please take 5-10 minutes to help me out by filling in this survey.
This is not an application form for LeWeb’10! It’s personal research. I’m publishing a post about LeWeb’10 tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for your patience.
- Recommend Bloggers (and Podcasters!) for LeWeb'11 Accreditation [en] (2011)
- Blogger Accreditations for LeWeb Paris [en] (2008)
- Quick LeWeb'10 News, and IceRocket [en] (2010)
- LeWeb'10: Tell Us Which Bloggers or Podcasters to Invite [en] (2010)
- Stephanie's October Conference Tour: Web 2.0 Expo Europe [en] (2008)
- Blogger Accreditations for LeWeb'09: Apply Between September 16th-23rd [en] (2009)
- LeWeb'10 Bloggers: the Ball is Rolling [en] (2010)
- Swiss Bloggers: Want To Go To OrangeCinema (ZH, BE, BS)? [en] (2012)
- Blogger Accreditation for LeWeb'10: You Have One Week Left [en] (2010)
- What do bloggers do at conferences? [en] (2010)