[fr] Je suis à la conférence Lift12 à Genève ces prochains jours. Voici mes notes de sessions.
Live-blogging from Lift12 conference in Geneva. These are my notes and interpretations of the open stage sessions — best effort, but might be imprecise or even wrong!
Great data visualisation following mobile phones in and out of the city of Geneva, from Benjamin Widerkehr.
Guy from mayor’s office: un autre regard sur la ville. Desire to allow visitors and inhabitants to see the city differently every day. Wifi benches. 200 free wifi spots. Make it visible in the material world! People want wifi, but have many questions regarding what was going to happen with the data. The Mayor decided, with Ville Vivante, to create a project which would ask questions and bring some answers before people started asking about them.
They started with mobile phones. Set up billboards, and a screen displaying the film.
In Geneva, the best way to know that people are happy about something is that they do not complain.
Geneva is a very congested city. Public transport users blame car users, car users complain about bicycles, etc. With a project like this we have actual data on where and how people are going. This can be precious information to make decisions for example, whether or not to make a zone pedestrian or not, or where/when to send garbage trucks (you don’t want to send a truck on a route where it will hold up traffic for 3 hours!)
- Lift12 Mobile: Nick Heller [en] (2012)
- Lift12, Development, Redevelopment: Steve Song [en] (2012)
- Playing with Google Wave [en] (2009)
- CASH Cards and Cellphone Train Tickets [en] (2007)
- Google Buzz Privacy Issue: How to Hide People You're Following on Your Profile [en] (2010)
- Lift12 Stories Open Stage: Pierre Spring, Don't Make Me Steal! [en] (2012)
- Lift12 Mobile: Fabian Hemmert [en] (2012)
- Happy iPhone Owner: Newbie Tips and Comments [en] (2009)
- Lift09 — Envisioning the Future City — Anne Galloway [en] (2009)
- Web 2.0 Expo, Here We Are! [en] (2008)