I’ve felt in “survival mode” for the last few years. More on that later. I had a wonderful professional experience in Fribourg. More on that later. I’ve been largely off sports due to an injury that messed with my back, and that hasn’t helped. And I haven’t been writing, for various reasons.
I read Thierry yesterday. I remembered that I used to write, not just “talk” on Facebook.
It’s more silent around here. There is time to think while I write. It’s less immediate. There are less people hanging around ready to pounce on every word (though I have to say, I consider myself very lucky to be blessed with the “Facebook crowd” I have — smart, reasonable, intelligent people).
My old Quintus is still hanging in there, though he’s been a bit off lately. He’s going to be 19 in February. He has a lot of old man ailments but nothing that is killing him.
After six months silent, where do I start? A few articles have been knocking around in my head. One on voice messages. Another one, for the WDS blog, will be advice I would have liked to give 32-year-old me when I went freelance. I might do a French version for the eclau blog, if I haven’t written it already.
Eclau is empty, but I’m keeping the space, it’s still open, and I’m on the lookout for a small company or non-profit who would like to settle there. Let me know.
Let’s not overdo it. This will be enough for today.
- Some Advice on Being Your Own Boss (My SWITCH Conference Talk) [en] (2010)
- Coworking Musings — Why is More Better? [en] (2012)
- Delivering Happiness: A Book to Read on Running a Happy Profitable Business [en] (2013)
- Elsewhere [en] (2009)
- Life and Trials of a Social Media Consultant [en] (2012)
- What We Write And Where We Write [en] (2013)
- Another Linkball [en] (2011)
- Advice for a Translating Tool [en] (2007)
- Facebook: Sharing or Showing Off? [en] (2016)
- Happy to See You, 2011 [en] (2011)
Also published on Medium.