[fr] Il y a dix ans, le 9 septembre 2011.
10 years ago I was in Rishikesh with other Hindi students. The internet connection was really bad, and I saw a post on Dave Linabury’s blog about the attacks. I didn’t know whether to believe it or not.
I went down to the hotel rooms, a bit shaken, to see if the woman from our party with a radio could tell me anything. She was thinking it was a horrible hoax when I arrived, and it took us less than 10 words between the two of us to realize it was for real.
It was the evening in India. We huddled in a hotel room with a TV to follow the news. I remember thinking very hard (it would have been praying if I prayed) “I hope Bush doesn’t do something really stupid like invade Afghanistan”.
- Of Grief and Travel [en] (2011)
- The Hotel by the Sparkling Sea [en] (2009)
- 22 Years Ago [en] (2022)
- Dress Code [en] (2001)
- India [en] (2001)
- Afghanistan [en] (2001)
- Early Thoughts on Clubhouse [en] (2021)
- Sleeping in India and Putting My Brain Straight [en] (2015)
- Shit, I'm Reading "Eat, Pray, Love" [en] (2011)
- Monkeys [en] (2001)