[fr] Notes de la conférence Lift11 à Genève.
Live and India-lagged notes from the Lift11 Conference in Geneva. Might contain errors and personal opinions. Use the comments if you spot nasty errors.
Crazy conference interpretor. *steph-note: speaks really fast!!* Also is a translator.
You can’t read as fast as you can hear.
Google translate back and forth: interpreters become performers, and something else disappears.
Competition for translators: Google translate.
- approximate, instantaneous, free
- accurate, elegant, next week, 500$
Glups. People choose 1.
That said, interpreters have always been dependent on technology. Cables etc. Channels in parallel. Also need to evolve with their time.
*steph-note: very fast-talking!*
- Lift11: Yuri Suzuki, Music for dyslexics [en] (2011)
- LIFT08: Guy Vardi (Casual Games) [en] (2008)
- Lift11: Don Tapscott, Macrowikinomics [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Dorian Selz, Virtual Organizations [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Ben Hammersley, Post-digital geopolitics [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Jennifer Magnolfi, Programming space habitat [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Chris Heathcote, The invisible communities [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Azeem Azhar, Online communities and reputation management [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Matthias Lüfkens, Twiplomacy [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Yasmine Abbas, Design for Neo-nomads [en] (2011)