[en] Une des deux recettes de daal que je fais régulièrement.
So far, when I’ve been making daal in Switzerland, I’ve been doing either Aleika’s masoor daal recipe, or this one — which I’ve had for some time but never written up. Time to do it!
- boil toor daal and a little mung (roughly a quarter) to a paste
- add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook a bit
- in a separate pan, heat oil, half a spoon of black mustard seeds, half a spoon of cumin seeds, curry leaves, 2 green chillies (chopped if I remember correctly)
- add turmeric (a quarter spoon)
- add to the daal (or add the daal to it, but be careful, it will spit! the daal is water and the oil is hot!)
- add a teaspoon of salt or to taste, and lots of chopped coriander leaves
I usually make a lot and freeze it in handy portions — comfort food!