John pushed his glasses back up his long nose and looked at the obviously fake document.
“Where did you get this?”
“Clearing the attic,” replied Mr. Wilson.
A bullet shattered the window and killed Mr. Wilson.
John ran for his life, but not fast enough: a second bullet found him.
This is a 50-word short story. Read more by me on CTTS or by others too on Facebook.
- He kept checking his iPhone on the bus [en] (2009)
- Tommy pulled the covers over his head [en] (2009)
- Judy sat down on the mountain trail [en] (2009)
- Her words led him through worlds [en] (2009)
- In Elo's granddad's garden [en] (2009)
- Love [en] (2009)
- She left her home, setting out [en] (2009)
- I found a strange stone in the garden as a child [en] (2009)
- They found the boy's body [en] (2009)
- Sally crept up towards the light [en] (2009)