Developing environments. Different solutions available at the moment in Europe. Evolution of the workplace.
Where do we come from?
Office: individual offices, cubicles, open spaces
Hoteling: book work spaces when you need them, inside the company.
Companies might try to encourage people to telecommute: save money on space, and improve work-life balance.
Evolution of technology has made evolution of the workspace possible.
Working from home? social interaction is lacking.
Coworking: Gathering of people working independantly but sharing values and costs. Synergy.
Xavier: FRIUP incubator. Very different from a coworking space. Very startup-minded. Need to leave after one year. Have to present a project to a committee who will decide if they can benefit from the incubator.
Nicolas: on the road.
- Workshop About Coworking at Lift09 [en] (2009)
- Coworking Musings — Why is More Better? [en] (2012)
- There is Work and Work [en] (2009)
- Coworking: Fixed Desks or Hot-Desking? [en] (2012)
- "Have-to" Posts and "Want-to" Posts [en] (2009)
- A Conference Where I Hardly Knew Anybody! [en] (2012)
- Learning to Have an Office [en] (2008)
- Working Too Much or Not Enough? [en] (2009)
- Hanging out Online: Why it's Important for me [en] (2011)
- Lift11: Sabine Hauert, Robotics today [en] (2011)