[fr] A la conférence Supernova en train d'essayer (et d'échouer) de prendre des notes. Blabla politico-gouvernemental.
*Random, scattered notes. Not necessarily understandable. Might contain outright mistakes — I don’t always understand everything. No who-said-what either, sorry.*
Announcing the next speaker, John Kneuer. Some stuff about government and Washington and some acronyms I’m not familiar with (FTC etc.)
DTV transition. Everything will be digital. Interesting and important from a broadcasting perspective. Consumer demand. Really significant changes in the market. Spectrum, transmission of that spectrum.
*steph-note: sorry, this is gobbledygook for me…*
Single-cell tower, four tower-system. Technology one generation beyond incumbents. Access layer. Open access to the wireless network: problem is, government sets terms and conditions for access. *steph-note: too many four-syllable words for me here.*
Pro-consumer benefit of open access. Significant… *steph-note: something.* Market forces are going to provide an open network… Opportunity forgone… people in this room… global reputation of the Bay Area… innovation… shattering the business models… overcoming… large incumbents…
David Weinberger: basically, the US markets are closed. *steph-note: not understanding what this is about, but filming part of the response. Video below contains another question and answer, and a point made by Doc Searls and a very incomplete response (ran out of memory card space — maybe I need a real video camera)*
*Feel free to add tags and comments to the video. I hope the audio is understandable.*
**Update, Tuesday 26th:** David Isenberg has a transcript of the video.
**Update, Friday 21st**
– [David Weinberger’s post](http://www.hyperorg.com/blogger/mtarchive/supernova_bush_admin_guy_and_t.html)
– [Suw Charman’s notes](http://conversationhub.com/2007/06/22/day-1-john-kneuer-tech-policy-expert/)
**Update, Saturday 22nd**
The video was broken, sorry. It now works.
- Somesso – Thomas Power: Shedding light on social
networking for your business [en] (2008)
- FOWA: The Edgeconomy (Umair Haque) [en] (2007)
- Supernova Open Space: Presence [en] (2007)
- Lift12, Development, Redevelopment: Steve Song [en] (2012)
- David Weinberger and Andrew Keen [en] (2007)
- FOWA: How to Turn your App into a Business (Ted Rheingold) [en] (2007)
- LIft13, Reinventing the Crafts: Caroline Drucker [en] (2013)
- Broadcasting Supernova Live [en] (2007)
- LIFT08: Pierre Bellanger (Skyrock) [en] (2008)
- LeWeb13: Tony Fadell, Nest Labs Founder [en] (2013)
7 thoughts on “Supernova 2007 — John Kneuer [en]”
Can you re-upload video to youtube?
On YouTube too now. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyCYIALZmyc
None of the videos work very well, each of them play a second and stops. Too bad 🙁
It seems the video on both sites only plays for one second. Do you have any way of sending us the complete video?
Bother! Sorry about that. Trying to export it out of iMovie again. The original video is 1Gb so I can’t upload it to either viddler (limit = 500Mb) or YouTube (150Mb IIRC).
Thanks for letting me know!
I’ve fixed the video, had to re-upload it. Here is the direct link:
David Isenberg published a transcript of the video: http://isen.com/blog/2007/06/transcript-john-kneuer-at-supernova.html