[fr] Tentative avortée d'essayer Ziki, pour cause d'erreur 502 lors du sign up. En plus, formulaire à remplir trop long, ça ne m'encourage pas à ressayer demain...
Quick feedback about/for [Ziki](http://www.ziki.com/). I got an e-mail quite some time back inviting me to try it out. I discarded it at the time — the tone was a bit too perky and it almost made it sound spammish to me.
I tried to sign up just now because they are using [coComment](http://cocomment.com/) for their “latest comments” feature and I wanted to check it out. Unfortunately, sign up failed because of a 502 proxy error 🙁
It’s all the more unfortunate that sign-up process asks me to fill in a really long form with lots of mandatory info. On the first try my password wasn’t long enough, and I was really afraid I was going to have to fill part of the form in a second time, but all my valid info was preserved. But now, if I try and sign up again tomorrow, I know I’ll have that long form to fill in. What a turnoff.
Advice? Make sign-up minimal. Then encourage users to complete their profile.
- Hairy .htaccess Dreamhost WordPress Problem [en] (2006)
- Why the Fifteen-Minute Timer Dash Works [en] (2009)
- Getting Rid of www [en] (2006)
- Google: "Don't Mix Languages on the Same Page" [en] (2008)
- Diigo — I Think I Like the Idea (Bonus Content: Conversation Fragmentation) [en] (2008)
- Requirements for a WordPress Installer Script [en] (2004)
- Advice [en] (2000)
- See All The Blogtalk Talks [en] (2006)
- Scripts for a WordPress Weblog Farm [en] (2004)
- Satisfaction Looks Neat [en] (2007)