I am a stone. At the bottom of the ocean. I do not breathe, I do not move. I just lie there and wait. Wait for nothing to happen. I feel nothing, I think nothing, I am nothing. Just a dead weight, a could-have-been mountain.
Sometimes a strong current comes and rolls me along. And there I remain again, still and silent at the bottom of the ocean. A nest in the sand bears my weight through the years. I am there. I am, but that is all I am.
Heavy with my own weight, I have sunk as low as I could. Never changing, never wanting. Seasons pass me by in the silence of nothingness.
Around me life thrives and dies. I do not even have eyes to watch it fly by. There, but not there. An insignificant outsider to all that lives.
I am a stone, dead weight on the ocean floor, a sinking heart fallen off a drifting ship.
- Love-Sick Poems [en] (2005)
- Pandemic Snippets 2 [en] (2020)
- News [en] (2002)
- Taming the Dirty Dishes [en] (2002)
- Fuzzy Vision [en] (2015)
- Snow [en] (2001)
- One hundred and fifty remaining passengers [en] (2009)
- Sunday CD's #1 [en] (2004)
- With the sky so thick you have forgotten [en] (2009)
- A Day Without Glasses [en] (2018)
Also published on Medium.