[fr] Peut-être j'ai besoin d'un dé pour être plus active quand j'ai trop de choix.
I am not very good at prioritising. Well, not always good at it. If there is an emergency, if we’re under pressure, if hard decisions need to be made, I can be decent to good at it, depending on the circumstances.
I am not good at prioritising my wants and desires, actually. Here is the second edge to my sword of freedom. What do I want to do today? What should I start with? Nobody is tapping their foot waiting for something from me (except my accountant, that is), nobody is forcing me to do anything, I can choose.
And I want to do many things. Too many. It’s already noon, but here is what I’d like to do with my Sunday:
- go for a walk
- write blog posts
- continue sorting/tidying clothes so I can get rid of my chest of drawers and move my third cupboard to its new place
- cook so I have food ready for the week
- do some accounting (!)
- go to the cinema
I can’t do all that. And choosing one means I don’t get to do the others. Cake, having it, eating it. It sounds silly, but it’s an emotionally difficult place for me. So I put off the decision by flipping through Facebook, for example.
And if I’m not careful, it will soon be too late to do any of these things I wanted.
So today I did things differently. I figured I probably had time for two of these things. So I numbered them. And I rolled a die. Twice.
I went for a walk by the lake. I took photos there. The weather was splendid, windy and sunny and changing. I didn’t have time for accounting, but I wrote this blog post and roughly sorted my photos (FB) instead.
I’ll do the accounting tomorrow.
- Sandy's clothes insisted on moving around [en] (2009)
- Socks, Drawers, Tidying and Packaging [en] (2016)
- Snow [en] (2001)
- First Steps in Second Life [en] (2006)
- Routine and Freedom [en] (2016)
- Greta 2 [en] (2011)
- There is Work and Work [en] (2009)
- 6 Changes For 2010 — and My Objectives [en] (2009)
- Learning to Have an Office [en] (2008)
- Time to Leave San Francisco [en] (2007)
Also published on Medium.