[fr] Quelques liens utiles pour redonner à iTunes 10 le look d'iTunes 9.
Thanks to @tommorris (he has a blog too) my iTunes 10 has stopped looking “wrong”. Here’s how to change the icon back to the iTunes 9 icon, arrange the window buttons horizontally instead of vertically (just stick that code, including backticks, into the terminal, and hit Enter), and even bring colour back to your left sidebar (alternate download link for the file to replace).
Honestly, what were they thinking?
- Monthly/Weekly Calendar Improved [en] (2006)
- Security Fail (Big Time) [en] (2010)
- Mozilla "commented code" Bug [en] (2002)
- Lift: Thanks for the Videos, but… [en] (2006)
- The hAtomisation of CTTS [en] (2006)
- Virus Disguised as XP Update? Or not? [en] (2004)
- Links in New Windows: Websites vs. Applications [en] (2011)
- I Hate FTP [en] (2009)
- Impressions on New Hearing Aids [en] (2014)
- Video Complaints [en] (2006)
2 thoughts on “Reverting iTunes 10 to an iTunes 9 look: Icon, Buttons, Colors [en]”
thanks for the blog and the inspiration(s), I am a silent but dedicated reader of your posts. As regards iTunes 10, maybe you can add that there are also some flaws in that version :
– problems with automator strings
– one can no longer import a CD because of bugs
So we are (mac users) waiting eagerly for a patch, or at least (and that’s my point here) a way to “switch back” to iTunes 9. Not only for cosmetics (although ergonomy is also important 😉
More info on the bugs on this thread on the Mac support forum.
Thanks for pointing it out — and for reading Climb to the Stars!