Small black flies invaded the office, before taking over the whole city. It got so bad you had to wear a mask to avoid breathing them in. They formed a fine black film over everything, including your skin.
People went mad.
One day, all the flies died. It was over.
This is a 50-word short story. Read more by me on CTTS or by others too on Facebook.
- He kept checking his iPhone on the bus [en] (2009)
- The fridge did its best [en] (2011)
- Chris gently took her hand [en] (2009)
- Sally crept up towards the light [en] (2009)
- They found the boy's body [en] (2009)
- Here and there, people start discovering strangers [en] (2009)
- I found a strange stone in the garden as a child [en] (2009)
- The crow yelled at the cat [en] (2011)
- The passengers awoke many centuries later [en] (2009)
- Judy sat down on the mountain trail [en] (2009)
3 thoughts on “Small Black Flies [en]”
I love this Post : it doesn’t hit my planning to read it entirely ! …and it’s cool. 😉
I would finish this story differently:
“One day, all the flies died. And so did the people.”
Good one! I need to get over my love of happy endings 😉