[fr] Quand on est tellement stressé et occupé qu'on ne peut pas se permettre de prendre une pause ou des vacances... c'est là qu'il faut vraiment le faire. Apprenez à reconnaître ce signal d'alarme et à l'écouter!
…that’s when you really need to take one.
I’ve seen this time and time again, in me and others. The clearest warning sign that one is doing “too much” and needs to take a break, a day off, or even a vacation is this feeling that one has no time to do so.
The few times in my life when I’ve come near to breaking down from too much work and stress, there was the common feeling: “I really could do with a break, but there is no way I can take one now.”
To help gain some perspective, imagine that you fall so ill you can’t work, or get in an accident that lands you at hospital for 3 weeks (my experience is also that when you really need a break, there is a risk you might find a creative way to give yourself one).
So, next time you feel you’re so swamped you really can’t afford to take a break… listen to that warning signal, cancel some commitments, renegotiate that deadline, and take that break!
- Blogging Like Cleaning the Flat [en] (2009)
- Warning Signals [en] (2010)
- Long Time No Blog [en] (2011)
- Here We Go Again [en] (2008)
- Busy Busy Busy [en] (2008)
- Different Kinds of Downtime [en] (2011)
- Writing Stories [en] (2008)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Not Running (Firewalls and iPhone Alarms) [en] (2010)
- Brain Downtime [en] (2010)
- The Freelancer and The Open-Ended Projects [en] (2010)