[fr] Un moyen radical (et quasi instantané) pour atteindre le fameux et très convoité inbox zero.
So, having trouble keeping your inbox count down? Piling up in the hundreds, the thousands, even? I have a totally foolproof method to bring your inbox count down to [the coveted zero](http://www.43folders.com/izero). It’s been tested in GMail, but I’m sure it works in other e-mail clients too.
The best part of it is how fast it works. The result is guaranteed.
Are you ready for it? Just follow these two simple steps:
– click on “Select All”
– press the “Archive” button
There! You’re done! Inbox to zero in now time at all. It works — or you can have your money back.
Now, for the slightly more serious part.
I really did this, this summer if I remember correctly, during a conference. I mean, I wasn’t going to go through all that piled up e-mail anyway. Most of the e-mails were obsolete — when stuff is really important, people e-mail again, and again, or call you, or tweet you, or catch you on IRC or at an event.
Once your inbox actually is at zero, it’s much easier to keep it to zero. Archive without mercy. Answer easy stuff as soon as you see it (I do that to the point some people have told me my e-mails have become a bit curt, so I’m trying to add a bit of cream in again — but the basic principle remains: do it now). My inbox sometimes goes up to 40 or 50 if I stay away from the computer, but then I bring it back down again, over a few days. If I haven’t seen zero in some time, it’s time to deal with those two things lying at the bottom of my inbox for the last 10 days — or decide that I won’t, and archive them.
Sometimes, I feel I can’t keep up anymore, or don’t want to “deal”, so I archive.
Does that sound like I’m mistreating my e-mail? Sure. But so is letting it pile up in your inbox for weeks, months, and years.
- E-mail and Dirty Dishes [en] (2009)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Doing Things Now [en] (2010)
- Headache: Picking a Date for an Event [en] (2007)
- Beware of the Past [en] (2002)
- LeWeb'08: The Revenge of E-mail (Panel) [en] (2008)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Five Principles [en] (2009)
- Prune Your To-Do Lists, Mercilessly [en] (2010)
- 5 Lessons in Promoting Events Using Social Media (Back to Basics) [en] (2008)
- News from LeWeb3 [en] (2007)
- Busy Week [en] (2009)