[fr] Notes prises à l'occasion de la conférence Future of Web Apps (FOWA) à Londres.
*Here are my live notes of this [Future of Web Apps (FOWA)](http://www.futureofwebapps.com/) session. They are probably incomplete and may contain mistakes, though I do my best to be accurate. Chances are I’ll be adding links to extra material and photos later on, so don’t hesitate to come back and check. [Suw also has notes on this session.](http://strange.corante.com/archives/2007/10/04/fowa07b_eric_rodenbeck.php)*
Data visualisation is a medium. *steph-note: this seems like a lot of stuff to see*
Slide of the US, last elections: blue and red states. Break down by county, quite another picture. Break down more, looks all mixed up. The way you present things changes the story you’re telling.
Cabspotting: GPS positions of taxi cabs in SF. Empty cabs and full cabs. Obvious thing is to animate this, and you see the cabs moving, with pick-ups and drop-offs. Other obvious thing to do is to show speed (slow downtown!). And animate that too.
– Oakland crime. There isn’t one single view that will solve all your problems.
– Animation of digg users digging stories.
– Twitter Blocks: interesting because it shows me stuff about the contacts of my contacts. Can tell me if some of my contacts are also contacts of my contacts. *steph-note: finally understanding why Twitter Blocks can be interesting… sorry, guys, I’m slow.*
– real estate flow: housing information visualised. Map of dates that houses were built in SF animated over time.
– visualisation of what towns people are searching about based on where they are. Also, what towns they search for after having searched for a given place.
- Ankur Shah & Gi Fernando: (Facebook API) Disrupting the Platform (Web 2.0 Expo, Berlin) [en] (2007)
- Reboot9 — Ewan McIntosh: Are We Ready For the Citizens of the Future? [en] (2007)
- FOWA: Putting Users First (Thomas Vander Wal) [en] (2007)
- Other People's Problems [en] (2008)
- Somesso – Thomas Power: Shedding light on social
networking for your business [en] (2008)
- Brainstorm/Discussion — The Future of Blogging Technology (Gabor Cselle) [en] (2007)
- Twitter Hashtags: A Quickie [en] (2007)
- FOWA: Customer Service is the New Marketing (Lane Becker & Thor Muller) [en] (2007)
- John C. Dvorak and Om Malik: Blogs vs. Journalism [en] (2007)
- Who Wants to Share a Room at Shift? [en] (2006)