[fr] Notes prises à l'occasion de la conférence Future of Web Apps (FOWA) à Londres.
Here are my live notes of this Future of Web Apps (FOWA) session. They are probably incomplete and may contain mistakes, though I do my best to be accurate. Chances are I’ll be adding links to extra material and photos later on, so don’t hesitate to come back and check. Suw also has notes on this session.
Data visualisation is a medium. steph-note: this seems like a lot of stuff to see
Slide of the US, last elections: blue and red states. Break down by county, quite another picture. Break down more, looks all mixed up. The way you present things changes the story you’re telling.
Cabspotting: GPS positions of taxi cabs in SF. Empty cabs and full cabs. Obvious thing is to animate this, and you see the cabs moving, with pick-ups and drop-offs. Other obvious thing to do is to show speed (slow downtown!). And animate that too.
- Oakland crime. There isn’t one single view that will solve all your problems.
- Animation of digg users digging stories.
- Twitter Blocks: interesting because it shows me stuff about the contacts of my contacts. Can tell me if some of my contacts are also contacts of my contacts. steph-note: finally understanding why Twitter Blocks can be interesting… sorry, guys, I’m slow.
- real estate flow: housing information visualised. Map of dates that houses were built in SF animated over time.
- visualisation of what towns people are searching about based on where they are. Also, what towns they search for after having searched for a given place.