[fr] Encore un meme. D'habitude, je ne saute pas dans le train, mais celui-ci a l'intéret (a) d'être créé afin d'en tirer quelque enseignement et (b) de nous permettre de visualiser immédiatement le "chemin de blogs" parcouru.
Update 04.08.04 23:50: post text modified as requested by Nova. (It’s pretty different from the initial text, but the idea remains the same. Not that I’m obsessed by Google ranking, as I hope you’ll guess.)
Copy This GoMeme From This Line to The End of this article, and paste into your blog. Then follow the instructions below to fill it out for your site.
Steal This Post!!!! This is a GoMeme– a new way to spread an idea along social networks. This is the second generation meme in our experiment in spreading ideas. To find out what a GoMeme is, and how this experiment works, or just to see how this GoMeme is growing and discuss it with others, visit the Root Posting and FAQ for this GoMeme at www.mindingtheplanet.net .
By adding this GoMeme to your Weblog you can get higher Google rankings for your site, and help your friends get higher Google rankings too. Your blog will be linked from every other blog that discovers this GoMeme downstream from your blog (from your readers, their readers, and so on). And that will raise your Google rankings in proportion to the number of downstream bloggers that get this GoMeme from you and post it to their blogs. The more people who blog the GoMeme from your blog, the better your Google rankings will get.
By hosting this meme on your blog, you will also be participating in an experiment to generate a distributed Blog survey and test how memes spread through social networks. The dataset from this experiment is public, open and decentralized — every blog that participates hosts their own data about their own blog. Anyone can then get the whole dataset by just searching Google for this unique string: 98818912959q This code is the “global unique identifier,” or GUID for this GoMeme — it marks every web page that participates in this GoMeme so that it can later be found with all the others. (Note it may take a week or longer before Google indexes your blog, so be patient).
This is purely an experiment and is just for fun. We are really just curious to see what will happen and this is not a commercial project. Participation is voluntary. We don’t mean to annoy anyone. However, if you don’t have much curiosity, or at least a sense of humor, you may find this experiment to be upsetting. In that case, you might try drinking a good strong cup of coffee. If after that you are still unhappy with us, just don’t read any further and have a great day! (If you don’t want your blog to get better Google rankings, that’s purely your choice!) On the other hand, if you are interested in exploring new technologies and pushing the envelope, then keep reading and we look forward to your participation in this experiment. We also request that participants in this experiment refrain from spamming anyone with this GoMeme. To spread it, just put it on your blog; that should be enough.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ADDING THIS GOMEME TO YOUR OWN SITE
Step 1 First, to add your site to this experiment, copy the GoMeme to your site from the “Copy This GoMeme From Here” heading above to the End of this article. Please copy this whole article and try not to alter the text so that it is authentic for the people who get it from your blog. If you would like to come up with your own catchy headline, or anything else to help your GoMeme spread, feel free! Let’s see what works best.
Step 2: Now, fill in your answers to these Required Survey Fields (Note: Replace the answers below with your own answers). These will later be automatically data-mined by bots to compile the survey results.
(1) I found this GoMeme at URL: http://www.mindingtheplanet.com
(2) I found this GoMeme on date (day/month/year):04/08/04
(3) I found this GoMeme at time (in GMT format): 07:30:00
(4) I foundit via “Newsreader Software” or “Browsing the Web” or “Searching the Web” or “An E-Mail Message”: Browsing the Web
(5) I posted this GoMeme at my URL (use a hyperlink): Climb to the Stars
(6) I posted this on date (day/month/year): 04/08/04
(7) I posted this at time (in GMT format): 07:50:00
(8) My posting location is (city, state, country): Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
Step 3: If you’re feeling very altruistic today, also fill in these optional survery fields (Replace the answers below with your own answers):
(9) My Weblog is hosted by: Myself
(10) My age is: 30
(11) My gender is: Female
(12) My occupation is: Teacher
(13) I use the following RSS/Atom reader software: NetNewsWire Lite
(14) I use the following software to post to my blog: WordPress
(15) I have been blogging since (day, month, year): 13/07/00
(16) My web browser is: FireFox
(17) My operating system is: OSX
Step 4:Now add an entry for your site after the last entry in the PATH LIST below: Your entry should be of the form: line number, URL, hyperlink, optional personal GUID for your blog.
(Note: If you would like to track all postings of the Meme that result from your posting of it, once Google has indexed them, you may add your own optional GUID after your hyperlink on your line of the Path List — just make sure it is short, unique, and doesn’t return any results on Google — for example “mysitename137a2r28”. Also note, if the path list gets too long, you should still try to include the whole path in your blog — even if you have to put the list on a continuation page rather than the excerpt for your posting — and make sure others copy the whole GoMeme along with your Path List when they get the GoMeme from you — If they don’t copy it, your blog and your upstream blogs won’t be linked from their blogs).
1. http://www.mindingtheplanet.net Minding The Planet, mindingtheplanet14798
2. http://climbtothestars.org Climb to the Stars, climbtothestars87432
3. (your Path List entry goes here in the form URL, hyperlink, GUID. Also, please add a new line after this one, for the next person.)
- Testing Meme Propagation In Blogspace: Add Your Blog! [en] (2004)
- Requirements for a perfect weblog tool [en] (2003)
- Accessibility: People Who Command Their Computer by Speech [en] (2002)
- Three Good Things [en] (2013)
- Finally Getting Tumblr [en] (2007)
- Lift09 — Vint Cerf [en] (2009)
- The Frustrating Easiness of Sharing a Link on Facebook (and Twitter and Google Plus and Tumblr and…) [en] (2015)
- Easier TopicExchange Trackbacks for WordPress [en] (2004)
- What Should I Blog About? Have Your Say [en] (2010)
- Taking Collaborative Notes at BlogTalk [en] (2004)