Due mainly to how far the closest internet café is situated, and generally the rather bad connections from where I’m staying, I’m pretty reluctant to spend too much time in front of the screen. There are nicer things to do, too, like hanging around with people, reading (I’ve finished my 500-page book, started another), eating nice food, and watching hindi movies.
Not to mention that the keyboards here are hard and hurt my hands.
Checking e-mail isn’t much fun either, as the huge amount of spam and junk mail I get tends to drown out the real messages. At home I have a pretty efficient set of filters organised, but here, even with Thunderbird on a USB drive, it’s not half as good.
Yesterday I went to the new E-Square cinema complex on the university road. It’s just awesome! So new and clean that it could have been in Switzerland. The food and movie (Kal Ho Na Ho) were nice, too. Before going out for dinner, Nisha and the other women in the building had a small function, where each drops in at the other’s place to receive a small gift and things. I took photographs and filmed a bit, so you’ll get to see those next time I come online.
- Dealing with Spammers [en] (2000)
- DupeGuru: You Own Less Data Than You Think [en] (2011)
- Welcome to India! [en] (2012)
- IUCAA News [en] (2001)
- Adventurous Morning [en] (2004)
- Advice [en] (2000)
- Keeping The Flat Clean: Living Space As User Interface [en] (2003)
- TrafficMagnet Spam [en] (2002)
- Time-Melt in Pune [en] (2011)
- Lift12, People vs. Technology: Stefana Broadbent [en] (2012)