The sea below looks like a piece of cloth, delicately textured by the waves.
I forgot all about taking my Lonely Planet guide with me. Actually, ‘forgot’ is not the correct word, as it seems to imply that I intended to bring it along at some point. It just never even crossed my mind. I wonder if I’ll miss it.
Each time I fly to India (I can say ‘each time‘ now, can’t I?), I catch myself wondering about the pieces of land we are flying over. I look at snowy mountains and plains, at strips of land squeezed tight between the seas. I wish I had a better map of the world in my head. I wish I knew the route the plane was flying.
We’ve been flying above the sea for a long time now, and the sun is shining bright. A nice change after cold and rainy Switzerland.
- India [en] (2001)
- The Danger of Backup Plans. And Choice. [en] (2016)
- Cold [en] (2001)
- Nisha’s Famous Sweet Sheera [en] (2011)
- Lift09 — Change — Patrick J. Gyger — Science Fiction and the Future [en] (2009)
- RIP Music Section [en] (2000)
- Indian Stretchable Time [en] (2011)
- Bye-Bye Bagha (1996-2010) [en] (2010)
- A Conference Where I Hardly Knew Anybody! [en] (2012)
- A Tourist in India [en] (2004)