I was already baffled when I learnt that speech recognition works, but this is even more incredible to my ears (pun intended). The future is now, and Meryl has a bionic ear.
The cochlear implant allows profoundly deaf people to perceive sounds.
- The Hearing Loss Spectrum, Between the Hearing World and Deaf Culture [en] (2015)
- Misrecognitions: the Joys of Speech Recognition [en] (2002)
- Voice Recognition [en] (2002)
- Truth [en] (2001)
- Trying Dictation Software [en] (2002)
- A Week With My Superpower [en] (2012)
- What Is Waiting For Us Around The Corner [en] (2015)
- Impressions on New Hearing Aids [en] (2014)
- 10 Years With RSI [en] (2013)
- Personal Stories [en] (2001)