The first book of the Harry Potter series has been translated into Marathi.
I’m really keeping an eye open for a Hindi translation. I promise I’ll buy it and try to read it if it is published in Hindi. Reading a book you know and like in a foreign language you are learning is a great way to improve your skills: it makes you read a lot, and it’s not as discouraging as reading an unknown text: you know the story already, so you’re not reaching for the dictionary at every line.
[via The Leaky Cauldron]
- Translation [en] (2001)
- Most People Are Multilingual [en] (2007)
- WPML to Make Your WordPress Site Multilingual [en] (2009)
- BlogCamp: Multilingual Blogging Session [en] (2007)
- Requirements for a Multilingual WordPress Plugin [en] (2006)
- English Only: Barrier to Adoption [en] (2007)
- Books [en] (2001)
- Advice for a Translating Tool [en] (2007)
- Plans for Basic Bilingual [en] (2010)
- Life and Trials of a Multilingual Weblog [en] (2004)