Tonight is Halloween.
Five years ago, Switzerland had barely heard of this weird witch-party so popular in the States.
Three years back, the cauldron started simmering, and this year it is coming up to a boil. People dressed up, kids running around asking for sweets (even two weeks ago!) and lotsa lotsa Halloween stuff to buy in the shops.
I used to celebrate Halloween when I was a kid of the Commonwealth American School. But somehow grinning pumpkins don’t seem to fit in here.
Especially when they seem to be but another excuse to increase consumerism.
- Reboot9 — Ted Rheingold: Learning from Dogs and Cats [en] (2007)
- A Tourist in India [en] (2004)
- A Few Notes on 2014 [en] (2015)
- Bye-Bye Bagha (1996-2010) [en] (2010)
- Cold [en] (2001)
- Web Peeves [en] (2001)
- Bagha: One Year, Coming Up [en] (2011)
- Blogrolling [en] (2011)
- Reboot9 — Alexander Kjerulf: Happiness [en] (2007)
- Back Home [en] (2003)