[fr] Souvent pas facile de voir les jolies choses vidéo qu'on nous met à disposition sur le web. Je me plains un peu.
Stupid user or balkanisation?
I’m listening to a (http://www.freestudios.tv/?cdroite=tablo_lift06). First of all I got a pop-up window which looked like a “go no further, you don’t have what it takes to view this” message. Actually, there’s a RealPlayer link in there. OK, cool. They have a partial podcast of the event, but I can’t open it in iTunes. What a shame!
At LIFT’06, I learnt that part of [Robert Scoble](http://scobleizer.wordpress.com “Microsoft’s official blogger.”)’s job is barging into people’s offices with a camcorder and saying “hi there, what do you do at Microsoft?” So I headed off to [Channel9](http://channel9.msdn.com/) to try and listen to some. My first impression upon landing on the site, I have to say, was “ew, what a mess! Where do I find Robert’s stuff in there?” OK, I found one: [Jenny Lam – Designing Experiences at Microsoft](http://channel9.msdn.com/Showpost.aspx?postid=161254). Click, click. Launches VLC. Doesn’t work 🙁 Quicktime usually works. Ah, damn, Quicktime is an Apple thing, isn’t it?
Yep, I’m running OSX, Firefox, and I’m not exactly a Microsoft fan. I’ve been very positively impressed, though, from what I learnt that Microsoft was doing in the transparency department. Aren’t I precisely the kind of audience Channel9 could be interested in catering to? Make it easy for me, please 🙂
- iBooked! [en] (2004)
- Flock, extensions, and coComment [en] (2006)
- Lift: Thanks for the Videos, but… [en] (2006)
- Lunch at Seesmic [en] (2008)
- Content Curation: Why I'm Not Your Target Audience [en] (2009)
- Flock Sync Issue Solved! [en] (2006)
- Three Good Things [en] (2013)
- Badges at Conferences [en] (2007)
- My Twitter Usage Answers [en] (2007)
- Video: About Lush and Blogging [en] (2006)