This post started out small, but it is turning out to be a rather lengthy collection of India travel related links… : )
I did some research with Google and bumped into a number of sites containing travel logs (travelogues) of India.
I spent some time skimming through them. I read things I can relate to, others I disagree on. Some I know to be right, some I know to be wrong. But never mind. They all tell of a human experience similar to mine.
Almost all of them have pictures – but they load slowly, I must say.
Have a look for yourself!
- Delhi, Agra…
- India Trip by Gemal – everyday life, picture of an Indian bathroom
- Darjeeling Railway
- Trek in Himalchal Pradesh
- India 1997 by Doug Burnett
- India 98 by Danny – nice cultural comments (ie, beggars), chapter on Pune
- The Land of Splendour
- Jen’s India Room
Of course, it could go on for ever. Some meta-links:
- South Asian Women’s Forum
- Yahoo’s findings
- Links from Lonely Planet
- Travel library resources
- Indiatravelog.com – *phew*, this is becoming a big list!
This is not a “quality” listing. I haven’t explored each site in-depth. It is more of a starting point – but in any case, all the links presented here seemed to be promising in some way.
Awaiting your comments!