Despite all the criticism I have heard/read lately on Jakob Nielsen, I have always found his alertbox articles very interesting.
Of course, one has to keep in mind that his standpoint is usability, not web design, and that it is therefore to be taken with a pinch of salt or two.
Here is a little collection of links I have gathered, mostly from his site, a few from other places.
Writing for the web
- Is navigation useful?
- How people read on the web
- Using the inverted pyramid
- Titles, headings and subject lines
- Good writing is important! (from WebReview)
- Use link titles and style sheets (though on this subject, follow Zeldman‘s advice: “use pixels, baby!”)
Other “website” stuff
Phew! I think that’s about it.
Remember, posting these links here doesn’t mean I adhere to everything the articles say. It means I think they are good reading.