This is turning into a bi-weekly feature, though through no intentional design. We’ll see how things evolve during the next weeks.
Here for today:
- Khakee soundtrack (playing)
- Khakee is the first Hindi movie I saw during my most recent trip to India. I didn’t particularly like the movie, but the soundtrack is actually really nice. I wasn’t intending to buy it, but nearing the end of my last visit to Crossword, they were playing Dil Dooba (sung by Sonu Nigam). I grabbed the CD and fled.
- Khoobsurat soundtrack (playing)
- Khoobsurat was a pretty popular movie/soundtrack when I was living in Pune. I didn’t really like care for it until I went to Alibag with Danielle and the driver played the cassette during the whole trip. By the time we got back home, I had a serious crush on the song Main Adhuri Si (avoid it if you have trouble with high-pitched female voices) and found the title song was a perfect souvenir-soundtrack to the trip.
- Roberta Flack: Killing Me Softly
- Who doesn’t know the song? CD of my father’s, which I borrowed to be able to rehearse the song for karaoke (haven’t dared sing it yet, though). And for those of you young’uns, Killing Me Softly was made famous by Roberta Flack way before the Fugees sang it!
- U2: The Unforgettable Fire
- Many years ago when I was entering my teens, U2 was singing With or Without You. Around that time, either my brother or I asked for a U2 LP for Christmas. Was it The Joshua Tree or The Unforgettable Fire? I’d have to go to my father’s to check, but I think it was the latter. I remember clearly that we used to play a cassette of the former in the car quite a lot around that period. Anyway, I bought this CD a year or so back, because it was on sale (surprised?), and I’m not really sure I’ve listened to it since. I bought if for Pride (In The Name Of Love), of course.
- Véronique Sanson: comme ils l’imaginent
- I’ve always liked Véronique Sanson but I never had a CD by her. So when this one came out (a collection of her songs sung by or with other popular male singers), I was offered it as a gift for Christmas (or my birthday? must be one of the other).
Five more next week, or the week after!
- Sunday CD's #1 [en] (2004)
- Dar Williams [en] (2005)
- Sunday CD's #2 [en] (2004)
- Mi-maître, mi-esclave [en] (2001)
- Flock Sync Issue Solved! [en] (2006)
- Singing [en] (2002)
- Music Meme Tag [en] (2005)
- Christmas [en] (2007)
- Underground Web [en] (2000)
- Bagha: One Year, Coming Up [en] (2011)