Sorry for letting you down last week, I was busy showing these two frenchmen around.
Here we go:
- Noa: Blue Touches Blue (playing)
- My sister gave me this CD (for my birthday?) a few years back. I own three Noa CD’s, and this is the one I’ve listened to least (although there are some nice songs on it). I put it in the CD player about an hour ago before taking my bath, and I’m listening to it now.
- Ricky Martin: Ricky Martin
- I discovered Ricky Martin during my year in India, as a couple of his songs were regularly playing on the music TV channels I watched — I enjoyed drooling in front of the TV set while he danced. I particularly like Livin’ La Vida Loca and (even more) Private Emotion, but I’ve hardly really listened to the CD in its entirety.
- Texas: Southside
- One of the first CD’s I got when I was a teenager. Listened to it quite a lot for some time (actually, I’m going to put it in my CD player right now, I haven’t listened to it for years!) I played the drums in a vague school band at the time (we tried to get something going for the 10th school anniversary, but dropped it after three months or so), and I remember we were preparing I Don’t Want a Lover.
- Joan Baez: One Day At A Time
- Well, although this one spends a lot of time in my CD rack, it isn’t actually mine — it’s my father’s (maybe I should give it back one of these days *ahem*). A long-time favourite, Joan Baez having been my first “favourite singer”. I’ve listened to it a lot again these last few years (it regularly finds it way back into the CD player).
- Florent Pagny: Bienvenue chez moi
- I was a teenager when Florent Pagny arrived on the French music scene with the song N’importe quoi. Over the years, I heard more songs from him, and I’m clearly impressed by his vocal skills (he had training in classical singing). This CD is a best-of with a couple of unreleased songs on it, and as far as I can tell from the little green sticker on the cover, it must have been part of a discount sale. It’s not a CD that I listen to regularly, but I’ve had my phases with it.
Five more next week!
- Sunday CD's #1 [en] (2004)
- Music Meme Tag [en] (2005)
- Singing [en] (2002)
- Music and Sadness [en] (2016)
- Dar Williams [en] (2005)
- Sunday CD's #3 [en] (2004)
- Is This Too Much? [en] (2011)
- Chris de Burgh Concert in Lausanne [en] (2004)
- E-mail and Dirty Dishes [en] (2009)
- Be Your Own Best Friend [en] (2011)