Sometimes I get the nagging feeling that everybody (or almost) who used to be a fellow freelance consultant has now drifted into coaching. What is going on here? There seems to be a Ponzi-like dynamic going on, as with all these people giving online courses about how to earn money through your online business. It’s not quite life coaching for life coaches, but sometimes it feels very close: earning money by getting people to give you money so that hopefully they can make money like you’re making money.
Unfortunately, it seems that is where the money is. People are willing to spend money… if it helps their business make more money. And that’s not the kind of gig I want. Am I doomed?
- Writing: Source of Income or Marketing Budget? [en] (2010)
- I'm Starting a Company [en] (2007)
- I Need to Blog More [en] (2008)
- Marketers and Salespeople: Agents for Freelancers? [en] (2008)
- At the Chalet for Two Weeks [en] (2018)
- FOWA: How to Turn your App into a Business (Ted Rheingold) [en] (2007)
- FOWA: Enterprise Adoption of Social Software (Suw Charman) [en] (2007)
- A bunch of links [en] (2018)
- My Web World Has Grown [en] (2009)
- Crossroads [en] (2001)