[fr] Je suis à la conférence Lift12 à Genève ces jours. Voici mes notes de sessions.
Live-blogging from Lift12 conference in Geneva. These are my notes and interpretations of Pierre Spring’s open stage presentation — best effort, but might be imprecise or even wrong!
What happened after the don’t make me steal workshop?
Outcome of the workshop was a manifesto that you can sign through a web app. Put it on hacker news and went for drinks. 4500 visitors in the first evening!
Luckily the server didn’t crash. Had nailed a need somewhere. 10’000 people signing within 3-4 days. Translations started coming in.
One story: hadopi. General secretary of hadopi contacted them through Twitter requesting to meet them. “Hrm ok, can we do that in Switzerland please?”
Spent several hours talking. Very positive. Offered to connect them in they started to reach 100’000 signatures. Also contacted by Dach, Pierre spent hours talking to them on Skype.
Nobody from the movie industry. A year later: things haven’t really changed. Movie industry still has people working on stuff like ACTA and SOPA. Sad!
In Switzerland, government decided NOT to change the law, still legal to download as long as you don’t share. Report saying losses are minimal.
MegaUpload got shut down. Pierre thinks it would never have existed if you could download legally.
This discussion will die down. We love movies. Just let us buy them, don’t make us steal them.
- Lift12 Open Stage: Benjamin Wiederkehr, Ville Vivante [en] (2012)
- Lift13, Innovation Drivers XXX: Kate Darling [en] (2013)
- Thoughts on Conference Endings [en] (2008)
- LIFT08: My Going Solo Open Stage Speech [en] (2008)
- Life [en] (2001)
- Update From Berlin [en] (2008)
- Workshop About Coworking at Lift09 [en] (2009)
- My LIFT08 Recap [en] (2008)
- Thanks! See You at LIFT08 🙂 [en] (2008)
- Lift: Thanks for the Videos, but… [en] (2006)