[fr] Encore une panique au sujet des photos d'ados sur les réseaux sociaux. Gardez la tête froide. Vais bloguer si j'ai le temps ces prochains jours.
[Kevin Marks](http://epeus.blogspot.com) [tweets](http://twitter.com/kevinmarks/statuses/781473328):
> Daily Mail is shocked, shocked to find teenage cleavage on Bebo; reprints it in the paper, beside *their* bikini stories
The article in question, available online, is [Millions of girls using Facebook, Bebo and Myspace ‘at risk’ from paedophiles and bullies](http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=553348&in_page_id=1770&ct=5).
No time to read it in full now, or blog about it as I should, but a couple of reminders:
– Keep your head cool and [check out the facts](http://www.zephoria.org/thoughts/archives/2007/05/11/just_the_facts.html)
– Don’t fall for the [online predator paranoia](http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2007/07/25/myspace-banning-sex-offenders-online-predator-paranoia/)
– Here’s a link to the [source report](http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/02_04_08_ofcom.pdf) — do your homework before reblogging the Daily Mail
– Link to [other news sources on the topic](http://news.google.co.uk/?ncl=1147768326&hl=en&topic=t) to explore
– [Some advice to parents](http://climbtothestars.org/archives/2007/07/25/parents-teenagers-internet-predators-fear/)
And if you were wondering, yes, I [give talks on the subject](http://stephanie-booth.com/en/speaking/) in schools (in French or English). List of [past talks](http://stephanie-booth.com/en/speaking/past/). [More information on that in French](http://stephanie-booth.com/fr/ecoles/).
I was interviewed a bit less than a year ago by the BBC around fear parents were feeling about Facebook:
If I have time, I’ll try to blog about this tomorrow, but the stack of *things to do right now* is quite high, and I’m not sure I’ll get around to doing it before this is cold.
- Website Pro Day 3: Results! [en] (2008)
- Stuck Reorganizing my Professional Web Presence [en] (2009)
- K2 Styles and Mods [en] (2006)
- Ressources for Parents and Teachers (ISL Talks on Social Networking) [en] (2008)
- Parents, Teenagers, Internet, Predators, Fear… [en] (2007)
- Video: BBC Interview (Teenagers, Facebook) [en] (2007)
- MySpace supprime les profils de 29'000 "délinquants sexuels" [en] (2007)
- Teenagers and Skyblog: Cartigny Powerpoint Presentation [en] (2006)
- Le Matin Dimanche parle de Second Life [en] (2006)
- Multilingual [en] (2007)