A collegue at work gave me User Interface Design For Programmers to read. It’s written by the guy who does CityDesk, if ever you cared. It’s really worth reading – but this is not the point of this post.
Read the first chapter, even if you’re not into software or programming or anything technical. Joel tells us about his first job, about
learned helplessness and how Controlling Your Environment Makes You Happy.
I decided to control at least some little part of my environment right then and do the washing up. It made me feel much better.
- Voice Recognition [en] (2002)
- First-hand [en] (2003)
- Suw Charman at Google: Does Social Software Have Fangs? [en] (2007)
- Procrastinator? Yes! [en] (2002)
- Just do it [en] (2010)
- War [en] (2003)
- Defriending, Keeping Connections Sustainable and Maybe Superficial [en] (2010)
- E-mail and Dirty Dishes [en] (2009)
- A Day in India [en] (2005)
- FOWA: Enterprise Adoption of Social Software (Suw Charman) [en] (2007)