Although I am not Indian, I have succeeded in “turning native” to some extent during the year I spent in India. I went to live there because as a student specializing in indian culture (religions), I thought it necessary to go and “get my hands dirty” (at times, literaly!) inside the living culture.
- Why I study Indian culture (well, some attempt to answer that question).
- Logbook of my year in India. If you read only one thing, it should be this one.
- Glossary: for those of you who are wondering what kind of a dessert a mitha paan is, or what a rickshaw or a dhobi are.
- So, how was the trip? Tell me about it! – hard at first, great afterwards, and overall an indispensible life experience.
- Would you say India is “behind” the West? – in some way, yes.
- Choc culturel: une addition de petites choses qui nous déboussole.
- Going back to India for the first time.
- And the second time.
- India category in my weblog.
- Trip 4: 2010-2011, 5 weeks
- So, How Was the Trip? Tell Me About it! [en] (2000)
- India [en] (2000)
- Aventures in India — Scribbled Travel Notes [en] (2000)
- Back From India [en] (2012)
- Bagha: One Year, Coming Up [en] (2011)
- India [en] (2001)
- Welcome to India! [en] (2012)
- Did Tara Go to Katmandu? [en] (2000)
- Culture Shock and Virus [en] (2001)
- Of Grief and Travel [en] (2011)