Let me say it clearly: just like Nicole’s did, my 2010 sucked raw eggs. I won’t go over the details of the bad stuff — suffice to say that losing Bagha was just the last of 2010’s rotten offerings to me, right when I was starting to feel back on my feet again and thinking that I was done with this crappy year.
There have been good things, though: more work opportunities than I can handle, finances back on track, good health, sailing, friends, a judo 2nd dan, better organization as a freelance professional, and of course… growth (gotta love them bad times, they make you grow like nothing else does).
Enough looking back. What’s important is what’s ahead. I don’t make resolutions, though I try to give my year a direction or objectives — a bit in the spirit of 6changes, though it’s not exactly that.
So, what’s to look forward to in 2011?
- my holidays are set — stick to them and travel more with my friends (one of the advantages of being catless, it makes traveling simpler)
- keep up the good job with my work, and free up more work-time for research, reading, writing, and generally fooling around online (my “food” if I want to continue being as good at what I do)
- get an aquarium for eclau
- look after my plants better, get orchids, grow veggies on my balcony (Jamie Oliver style)
- more cooking and inviting people (good food, and nurturing my tribe)
- go sailing, hiking, sing, and do judo
There will probably be more or less to this year ahead. But that’s what comes to my mind as I look forward.
- Is This Too Much? [en] (2011)
- Here We Go Again [en] (2013)
- Indian Stretchable Time [en] (2011)
- From Airport to Airport [en] (2008)
- 6 Changes For 2010 — and My Objectives [en] (2009)
- LeWeb'09: Facebook, Facebook Connect, Identity (Ethan Beard) [en] (2009)
- A Year of Chalet Mini-Holidays [en] (2009)
- The Price of Freedom [en] (2014)
- Second day offline [en] (2008)
- Sailing [en] (2013)