[fr] Ma vie a pris une jolie forme cette année. Par contre, j'ai un peu négligé mon blog ces derniers temps (je ne dis pas ça par culpabilité, mais parce qu'un sentiment de "j'ai besoin de bloguer!" vient de me prendre aux tripes).
Here we are again. Another long break on CTTS (unplanned, as always) and another “OMG I need to blog more!” post.
But this isn’t a “I feel guilty, my poor readers, I’ve abandoned you” one. I don’t do those, you should know by now.
No, it’s a cri du coeur: I just sent this tweet a few minutes ago, and immediately after was overcome by an urge to blog — 140 characters just didn’t cut it.
I’ve been working too much these last weeks — enjoying life, too, though. I honestly have a very good (happy) “work-life” balance (yeah, I know the expression is loaded, bear with me). But I miss writing here, and I’ve only just realized to what extent.
Once before — OK, maybe more than once — I took the decision to start my work day by writing a blog post. I did it for some time (my excuses, I can’t dig it out of my archives, see the sad mess my blog still is). But then stress shows up again, and emergencies, and… I stop.
I think that the problem with writing a blog post to start off the day is that it can be pretty quick (this one is only taking maximum 15 minutes or so of my time) but it can also take half a day. So, maybe I need to do it this way:
I will start my workday by writing a blog post, but if after an hour of blogging I have not hit “Publish” I will save my post and continue it on the next day.
Another thing I’ve been thinking about is that I need to build in time for research and fooling around online into my weeks. At this stage, I’ve successfully managed to:
- have a morning and evening routine and regular sleeping hours
- exercise 30 minutes on my bike every day (give or take one a week, roughly)
- take lunch breaks
- have an end to my business day
- separate maker days and manager days
- plan regular mini-vacations (a few days at the chalet)
- have a social life (yes!)
- have “downtime” for myself at home
- unclutter the worst parts of my flat in 15-minute increments
- clean the flat roughly once a week
- keep my inbox regularly empty, or at least under one screenful
- set up a “next action” list system, which, whilst not kosher GTD, works pretty well for me
- keep my accounting up-to-date and my finances in order.
Two years ago, none of this was working. I’m pretty proud of how far I’ve come! So, next missions: blogging and research.
- Getting Back on the FlyLady Wagon [en] (2009)
- In Praise of the Morning Routine [en] (2011)
- Hanging out Online: Why it's Important for me [en] (2011)
- Long Time No Blog [en] (2011)
- Finding a Balance in Office Work: Long-Term Projects [en] (2009)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Not Running (Firewalls and iPhone Alarms) [en] (2010)
- Weekly Planning: Third Week (Learning Steps) [en] (2009)
- There is Work and Work [en] (2009)
- More Musings on My Blogging [en] (2009)
- I Need to Blog More [en] (2008)