[fr] Aujourd'hui, comme le 24 de chaque mois, journée des sauvegardes. Faites les vôtres!
I haven’t done as much as I wanted around Backup Awareness Day yet (and even skipped last month because I was in the mountains at that time), but it will come during the next months.
Backup Awareness Day takes place on the 24th of each month and is the occasion to:
- do your backups and set up automatic systems to keep your data safe
- help and encourage others to do so by helping them and blogging about the importance of backups and backup techniques.
If like me you’re having a busy week (busy but good), at least take the time today to:
- plug in that external hard drive and make sure Time Machine does a backup
- export your WordPress blog
- dump your MySQL database
- if all else fails or is too complicated for you, copy your most precious document folders onto a thumb drive or an external hard drive.
More next month!
- A Year Ago: Backup Awareness Day [en] (2010)
- Today is Backup Awareness Day! [en] (2009)
- Backup Awareness Day: Sometimes Badly is Better Than Not At All [en] (2010)
- Ada Lovelace Day and Backup Awareness Day: Today! [en] (2010)
- Going SSD and Amahi Home Server [en] (2011)
- Converting MySQL Database Contents to UTF-8 [en] (2004)
- DupeGuru: You Own Less Data Than You Think [en] (2011)
- A Data Management Fantasy [en] (2011)
- The Four Lost Months Are Back! [en] (2009)
- Nestor Angulo de Ugarte: The strange case of malicious Favicons [WCGVA 2022] [en] (2022)