[fr] Conférence de Pierre Bellanger, patron de Skyrock (skyblog), à la conférence LIFT08.
*Note: live notes, probably incomplete, possibly misunderstood. Intro: SkyBlog is the biggest blogging platform in Europe / SkyRock radio.*
Is going to speak about the future. Founder and CEO of Skyrock.com — will speak about their vision of social networking, and why it’s the future.
Skyrock started as a pirate radio station. Became a national radio network after a few years. 13-24 year olds.
Blogging platform. Very basic, easy to use. Profiles. 2nd French site in page views. 1st French-speaking social network in the world.
Started the SN in 2002. Thinking about the next stages. Numbers:
Goal: be the world teenager social network. For that, need to change constantly. Netamorphosis. Where do we go from now?
Understand what we are better. Need to go back to what we were, e-mail — the mother of all social networks. E-mail and the web gave birth to meta information. Search and social network.
SN is to mail what search is to the web. A new level of metadata, information about people.
Teenagers are extremely productive. Lots of contacts. The blog is a revolution, because it becomes your new e-mail address, your new digital identity. The centre of electronic exchanges. The social network is the future of telecommunications.
The value is shifting from bandwidth to programming code. Changing internet providers is much easier than changing your e-mail client. Same with social networks. Skyrock wants the social network to be at the core of all exchanges.
For that, important to think mobile. Go for IM rather than trying to stick poor web pages on that tiny screen. Merge the SN and the IM.
Social operating system.
*steph-note: snipping a bunch of technical stuff — too stressed by my upcoming Open Stage speech!*
- Ethics and Privacy in the Digital Age [en] (2007)
- Lift12, Technology vs. People: Anaïs Saint-Jude, From Gutenberg to Zuckerberg [en] (2012)
- Lijit Feedback [en] (2007)
- Lift09 — James Gillies — How the Web awas Born: Stories from a scribe [en] (2009)
- We Need Structured Portable Social Networks (SPSN) [en] (2007)
- LIFT'08: David Brown Workshop — Teenagers and Generation Y [en] (2008)
- LIFT08: Kevin Marks (Google Open Social: The Social Cloud) [en] (2008)
- FOWA: Putting Users First (Thomas Vander Wal) [en] (2007)
- Working on my Professional Site [en] (2007)
- Using coComment's Social Network [en] (2006)