[fr] Le futur du blog... discussion.
*blogcamp.ch notes, may be inaccurate*
with Gabor Cselle
Barcamp: talk about stuff. Where is blogging technology going to go? What are the trends?
Blogging software is about adding features, growing ecosystem (technorati, digg etc. *steph-note: god am I sick of those popularity things*), pseudo-blogging things (Twitter etc. *steph-note: I don’t agree with Twitter being called a “microblogging” platform.*)
Who writes for who? (Twitter: an individual writing for a small bunch of friends.)
Getting paid for blogging? Ads… or indirect revenue. Micropayments ([indiekarma](http://www.indiekarma.com/customer/Welcome.xhtml;jsessionid=5103920821293B2C405B2ADBE81189AA) — looks interesting).
*steph-note: this is going to be more about my ideas following the discussion more than an account of what is said*
Where I see blogging technology going: ajaxy flickr-like interfaces (the death of the admin panel for posting and editing), smarter privacy management (à la Facebook: blog tool knows who you are and shows you stuff you are allowed to see based on your relationship as defined by the blog author), of course, smarter language stuff. Maybe smart internal linking: post something, and have the blog tool dig through old posts, offer you possible related material to link to (yes, there are already related posts plugins).
Wiki and blog technology will not merge, because blogs are about the person behind it, and wikis are about diluting authorship and crowd-voice.
- More blogging in the world? [en] (2018)
- Nasty Problem With Basic Bilingual Plugin [en] (2007)
- Lift10: Technology and Cultural Difference in China (Basile Zimmermann) [en] (2010)
- A Story About Tags, and Technorati, and Tags [en] (2010)
- Twitter Killed My Blog and Comments Killed Our Links [en] (2010)
- The Frustrating Easiness of Sharing a Link on Facebook (and Twitter and Google Plus and Tumblr and…) [en] (2015)
- Reboot9 — Jeremy Keith: Soul [en] (2007)
- What We Write And Where We Write [en] (2013)
- Losing Credit [en] (2012)
- "Have-to" Posts and "Want-to" Posts [en] (2009)
One thought on “Brainstorm/Discussion — The Future of Blogging Technology (Gabor Cselle) [en]”