Following popular request, one post in English (yes, things have been busy in the French-speaking world lately).
I have a satisfaction-guaranteed-or-get-your-money-back recipe for avoiding the accumulation of dirty dishes in the kitchen sink:
- each time you put something in the kitchen sink, wash it immediately
- if you walk past the kitchen sink and there is something in it, wash it immediately.
It is important that all members of the household follow these two simple rules.
It really works, promise. In a week from now, you’ll wonder how you ever ended up with piles of smelly dishes that took you a whole hour to scrub through!
(Extra bonus: when washing the dishes, imagine you are doing a favour to the person you love the most, and think about how happy you/he/she will be to walk past an empty sink!)
- E-mail and Dirty Dishes [en] (2009)
- Keeping The Flat Clean: Living Space As User Interface [en] (2003)
- Be Your Own Best Friend [en] (2011)
- Taming the Dishes, 2021 Version [en] (2021)
- The Wisdom of Small Changes: Incrementally Reclaiming My
Flat [en] (2009)
- Household Advice [en] (2000)
- Let's Buddy Work! [en] (2008)
- Dumped Photos PHP Script [en] (2003)
- Just do it [en] (2010)
- Lift11: Jean-Claude Biver, The importance of innovation and thinking different [en] (2011)