Don’t do what silly me did: when you receive spam, avoid clicking on the “remove” link.
One of my email boxes is now being filled with offers to help me make lots of money in no time and with no effort.
I am therefore doing a net-hunt to figure out the best way of dealing with the problem. You can expect another “Advice” post on the subject once I have finished my research.
And in the meantime, don’t click any links on those nasty spammy emails!
- Dealing with Spammers [en] (2000)
- TrafficMagnet Spam [en] (2002)
- Blank subject bug [en] (2001)
- Misinformation [en] (2001)
- Spring-Cleaning [en] (2001)
- Pitching: Don’t Assume I’ll Be Interested, and Some Advice [en] (2016)
- Pet Peeve: Marketers and Advertisers Cold-Sending Junk E-mails [en] (2013)
- Zemanta's Related Articles: Very Mixed Feelings [en] (2010)
- Spam [en] (2000)
- Worm-virus: Sircam [en] (2001)