[fr] Je bidouille avec Pocket, IFTTT, Evernote, et Tumblr.
This is incomplete tinkering. More questions than solutions. Welcome into my ecosystem for dealing with other people’s content.
I’m a fan of the “read later” button, my buckets are overflowing, and I’m fully aware of the aspirational nature of my ever-growing collection of things to read. I do read, though.
When I read things, I publish snippets (my “notes”) to Digital Crumble. I use Evernote to store all kinds of data and content, and am moving towards storing more and more in it. (No I’m not freaked out by the hacking episode, which I think they handled well.)
I used to use Instapaper as my “read later” bucket but have now switched to Pocket, mainly because the latter offers more triggers in IFTTT.
Here’s what I’d like to do:
- when I post something to Tumblr, have it go to Evernote too (here’s the IFTTT recipe I’m using)
- when I add something to Pocket, have the whole web page go to Evernote (no satisfying solution so far, tinkering with a recipe to add a PDF version of the page in a note, but using the Evernote Web Clipper is way cleaner)
I love IFTTT, but get frustrated that the triggers and actions associated to the channels I use are sometimes insufficient for my needs. And yes, this is probably often due to limitations placed by the service APIs (I’m still reeling from the loss of Twitter triggers). For example, the ingredients for the Pocket triggers only contain an excerpt of the saved page, and not the full content. Shame!
So, I might go back to just saving my “pages to read later” to Evernote, but it’s not quite as friendly as Pocket for reading and managing them.
2nd Back to Blogging Challenge, day 8. On the team: Nathalie Hamidi (@nathaliehamidi), Evren Kiefer (@evrenk), Claude Vedovini (@cvedovini), Luca Palli (@lpalli), Fleur Marty (@flaoua), Xavier Borderie (@xibe), Rémy Bigot (@remybigot), Jean-François Genoud (@jfgpro), Sally O’Brien (@swissingaround), Marie-Aude Koiransky (@mezgarne), Anne Pastori Zumbach (@anna_zap), Martin Röll (@martinroell), Gabriela Avram (@gabig58), Manuel Schmalstieg (@16kbit), Jan Van Mol (@janvanmol), Gaëtan Fragnière (@gaetanfragniere), Jean-François Jobin (@gieff), Yann Graf (@yanngraf). Hashtag:#back2blog.
- Second "Back to Blogging" Challenge [en] (2013)
- Working With Bloggers: The Tip of the Iceberg [en] (2013)
- Gmail Storage Space Problem: Account Blocked, Wrong Numbers [en] (2013)
- Les chats des autres [en] (2013)
- Bilingual Frustrations, Still in 2013 (With Siri and Dragon Dictate) [en] (2013)
- Samedi soir fatigué [en] (2013)
- Some Thoughts on Blogging: Original Content, Linking, Engaging [en] (2013)
- Back to Blogging, et après? [en] (2013)
- Mes bons plans "restaurant" à Lausanne [en] (2013)
- Tounsi et le restaurant "Au Gras Haret" [en] (2013)