[fr] Nouvel épisode du podcast conversationnel que je fais avec mon amie Suw Charman.
Long, long overdue, here is Steph and Suw‘s Podcast With No Name, episode 2, February 15th, 2007. Some rough shownotes, with some links. Hope you enjoy it, and let us know what you think. We’re down to 35 minutes! Show notes might suffer updates…
- conferences: LIFT’07 and Freedom of Expression
- not everybody has the internet (God, I need to stop laughing so loud when we’re recording)
- mobile phones in other cultures (e.g. Nigeria)
- “technology overload” at LIFT’07 turned into “internet addiction” (interesting Stefana Broadbent
- note-taking on a computer: expected in some contexts, but feels really out-of-place in others (cultural issue)
- do we end up publishing our handwritten notes? trade-offs: handwritten and rewriting vs. direct blogging (Steph’s crappy workshop notes)
- scanning vs. photographing written material, document management and shredding
- GTD status update (inbox zero…)
- FOWA coming up and other fun London stuff
- Wedding 2.0 will be blogged on CnV, but will there be a webcast?
- technology as a way to stretch our Dunbar number, wedding 2.0 with IRC backchannel and crackberries galore
- the Wedding Industrial Complex, trying to find an affordable venue in Dorset
- IRC or SL would be cheaper, but is SL a registered venue?
- physical words for “virtual” places
- gap between us heavy users, and people who get a few e-mails a day, book holidays online and that’s it
- exploring how new tools could help us — most people aren’t curious about new stuff
- winning over new users: finding holes in people’s processes
- Facebook is really cool, very usable, and for keeping in touch with people you know (has smart walls and smart feeds)
- who’s on Facebook? on the non-desire to join new social networks…
- LinkedIn for business
- Facebook as a mashup to keep up with what your friends are upto — but isn’t that what blogs are for?
- outlet overload, tools need to talk to each other (holes in buckets), profile multiplication, Facebook share bookmarklet to “push” stuff
- clumsy wrap-up and episode three when we manage!
Did you miss episode 1?
PodPress seems to have collapsed, so here is a direct link to the 14Mb mp3 file just in case.