[fr] Pour se familiariser avec un sujet nouveau, il faut lire, et même si on ne comprend pas tout, continuer à lire. Au bout d'un moment, les choses commencent à tomber en place, et on peut reprendre avec plus de succès les premiers textes que l'on avait compris que partiellement.
I remember very clearly when I understood this: I was working on my coursework about gnosticism. I didn’t know anything about the subject and had a pile of about 10 books to go through.
I started reading, and felt completely lost: I couldn’t really understand much. But by the time I reached the middle of the pile of books, things started to make sense. I went back to the first books, and they were making sense too.
To learn about something new, one method is to dive in, and just read on even if you don’t understand. At some point, it will sink in, come together, and you’ll start to get it.
Something about [Agile](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agile_software_development) popped up this morning when I clicked [my Google Reader “Next” bookmarklet](http://www.stoweboyd.com/message/2007/09/the-google-read.html) this morning. This isn’t the first time I hear about Agile, and I have a rough idea what it is, but I thought that I should probably read up a bit on it. So I’m [reading this case study](http://www.agilejournal.com/articles/case-study/case-study:-how-bmc-is-scaling-agile-development.html), even though not everything makes sense. At some point, it will. I’m just starting.
*Note: don’t misunderstand. I’m not heading for a career change into software development. I just want to understand more.*
- Dar Williams [en] (2005)
- Lift13, The Agile Enterprise: Abhijit Bhaduri [en] (2013)
- Just because something is easy to measure doesn't mean it's important (Seth Godin) [en] (2008)
- Testing Meme Propagation In Blogspace: Add Your Blog! [en] (2004)
- FOWA: Making Your App Social (Rashmi Sinha) [en] (2007)
- My Interest in Organisations and how Social Media Fits in [en] (2013)
- Stowe Boyd on Experiential Marketing [en] (2007)
- Writing: Desired Distraction [en] (2009)
- My Journey Out of Procrastination: Getting Thrown Off and Getting Unstuck [en] (2010)
- Books [en] (2001)