[fr] Où Stephanie se prend la tête avec le contenu de son site professionnel et se demande comment elle va bien pouvoir faire.
Each time I start thinking about how to reorganize it, my head starts hurting. What belongs here on CTTS, and what belongs there? How do I present what I do to potential clients, when I’m not even sure what to call myself? I do I deal with the fact that I’m talking to very different clients (schools, individuals, freelancers, small and bigger businesses, conference organizers…)?
How do I keep it simple when I do so many things?
Should I change radically and do SB.com blog-like? In that case, does it make sense to keep it separate from CTTS?
Here is a feeble attempt to try and think this headache out loud. Help is very very welcome, as long as it’s not along the lines of “stop doing so many things and pick one”.
So, first there is the “about me” stuff. Bios, CVs, about stuff. Here’s what I have:
- a couple of PDF CVs (one focused on strategic consulting, the other on teenagers an research)
A contact page (this is not too much of a headache):
Stuff I’ve done:
- and more stuff that I should showcase or list as accomplishments or something
Stuff I do: the big headache. Maybe I should use three entry points:
- delivery mode (training, speaking, consulting, doing)
- theme (teenagers and social media, social media as communication and marketing, improving one’s online presence, blogging, events, freelancing, coworking)
- audience (individuals, businesses, schools, non-profits, freelancers, events)
I’m not sure how useful this is… Also, my francophone audience and my anglophone audience have different interests, so my content does not overlap perfectly in both languages (not a problem, but it probably means I have to think the FR and EN sites separately).
There is also content on SB.com which I think does not belong there. It’s more CTTS-like, and might have been good at the time, but it’s a bit dated. I might retro-publish it in the blog so it doesn’t just disappear. And there is content on CTTS which is a little “business-oriented”
- https://climbtothestars.org/focus/experiential-marketing/ (this never took off and is completely out-of-date)
Right, so, how can I make sense of all this? Although with most of my clients I feel like a site architecture and content wizard, I’m aware that I’m really not that good at it (particularly with my own content, unsurprisingly).
So, help welcome. Thanks in advance.