I got my iBook last Tuesday. I bought a router on Thursday, and I finally got everything hooked up yesterday. I’m now happily typing away on my sofa with not a cable attached, cat snuggled up next to me, xchat running in the background while iTunes is busy ripping through my CD collection.
Things have been pretty smooth. Basically, where I’ve gone wrong, it was because I was trying to do “too much” (ie, configure my wireless connection when all I had to do was turn on the Airport Extreme card). Still getting used to some of the interface particularities, but already in love with Exposé. Here’s a status update:
- I still haven’t found the backslash key
- the TTS functionality that comes with OSX is really horrible
- I need to find a good feed aggregator
- can iTunes name my music files “Artist — Song Name” instead of just “Song Name”?
- I need to buy ViaVoice
- need to get my fingers trained on Mac keyboard shortcuts
- I miss Trillian, and particularly the MetaContacts feature!
- I now know what a Disk Image is
- damn, can’t find a keyboard shortcut for the “Back” button in Firefox
- what’s up with July 17th in iCal?
- one of the first things I wanted was Dock Detox to keep my bouncing application icons sedated
- I love Quicksilver
- Mac people are very helpful!
I’m officially in love with my iBook.
- Music Meme Tag [en] (2005)
- Music and Sadness [en] (2016)
- On Being Hacked [en] (2011)
- Dar Williams [en] (2005)
- Happy iPhone Owner: Newbie Tips and Comments [en] (2009)
- Sunday CD's #1 [en] (2004)
- I Hate FTP [en] (2009)
- Slowing Down: About Cleaning, Laundry, Accounting, and Backlogs [en] (2010)
- Reverting iTunes 10 to an iTunes 9 look: Icon, Buttons, Colors [en] (2010)
- Geeky Frustrations [en] (2007)