So here I am, in Hotel Atlas, with free ethernet, a non-feather pillow, a bathtub, and already a few more books to add to my collection.
My first day here has been pretty uneventful (barring “rain” from the “events” category). I’ll just make three notes.
Firstly, if you go to have breakfast at Café Westend, just opposite the station, and the waiter asks you if you would like some orange juice, be prepared to pay as much for it as for the whole breakfast (approx. 5’€, perfectly reasonable for the breakfast, perfectly overpriced for the orange juice — even though it is freshly pressed). I made the mistake of thinking it was included, and was nastily shocked when I got the bill.
Second, I tend to walk way beyond my limits of tiredness. I just don’t stop. It’s so annoying. All the more now, as I actually catch myself doing it, but still can’t stop. I really have to find a way to avoid walking myself to death this week-end.
Third and last, I made a friend on the train to Zürich — fate had me sit right opposite Andrea, who lives in Geneva and was also making her way to Vienna. We’re meeting again tonight, with her (very nice and local-now-expat’) boyfriend.
- Adventurous Morning [en] (2004)
- Taming the Dishes, 2021 Version [en] (2021)
- Blogmeet in Basel [en] (2005)
- From All to Nothing Doesn't Do it [en] (2011)
- From Pune to Alleppey [en] (2004)
- 50 Words [en] (2008)
- The Orange Plastic Bag [en] (2002)
- WoWiPAD1 and WPD2 News [en] (2007)
- Political Nightmare [en] (2010)
- Weekly Planning, First Attempt [en] (2009)